Well what do you know? Someone just came up with a new way to cook an egg.
It’s called a “cloud egg” and it’s the cutest thing.
It looks just like the sun, peeking out from behind a cloud. You make it by separating an egg, whipping the whites and forming them into a little cloud. You bake the cloud for a few minutes, and then add in the yolk sun and bake it for a few minutes more.
For lunch today, I topped a simple salad with one of these new fangled cloud eggs. And I have to say, it was dynamite.
These are some A+ eggs.Print
Egg in the Clouds
This is just a fancy way to make an egg. It’s really cute.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 6
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
1 large egg
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Separate the egg.
3. Whip the egg white until it’s firm.
4. Fold in one tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
5. Drop in a cloud shaped mound on a parchment covered cookie sheet.
6. Make a yolk sized indentation in the cloud.
7. Bake at 450 degrees for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add the yolk and bake for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 egg
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: <1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 6
Keywords: Cloud Egg