This recipe for Fennel and Espresso Encrusted Pork Loin is one of those basic recipes that you can eat on any kind of diet. It’s compliant for Low Carb, Keto, Paleo, Primal, Whole30, THM-S, Weight Watchers, you name it. And it’s a zero carb food to boot.
3 – 3 1/2 pound pork loin*
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
2 teaspoons espresso powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Grind fennel seeds with a mortar and pestle. (But if you don’t have a mortal and pestle you can just skip this step.)
3. In a small bowl, combine fennel seeds with sweetener, espresso powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
4. Rinse pork loin and dry with paper towels. Trim the fat.
5. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil on all sides of the pork loin.
6. Rub the spices into the pork loin on all sides.
7. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over High heat.
8. Sear pork loin on all sides, 5-6 minutes total.
9. Put the skillet into the 425 degree F oven and roast for 20-30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.*
10. Place the pork loin on a cutting board and tent with aluminum foil. Allow the pork loin to rest for 5-10 minutes.
11. Slice into 3/4 inch wide pieces and serve.
*If you have a pork tenderloin instead of a pork loin, then you can follow all the same instructions, but cut the oven time to 15-25 minutes.
Keywords: Low Carb Pork Loin, Keto Pork Loin, Paleo Pork Loin