Low Carb Keto Foil Fish Dinner
There is this great idea called the "foil dinner".
It's when you wrap up vegetables and fish in foil and bake the whole dang thing.
This recipe takes that idea and complicates it just a little bit. But in the end you get perfectly roasted vegetables and crispy breaded fish, so it's worth a few extra steps.
It's easier to show than to tell, so I'll just show you.
Low Carb Foil Fish Dinner
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 12o z green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/4 cup super fine almond flour
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F and cover a baking sheet with a large sheet of tin foil.
2. Roll the tomatoes in olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 500° for 5 minutes.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 450°. Coat the green beans and garlic in oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add it to the baking sheet, fold the foil over, and seal tightly to form a packet. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes.
4. Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over 1 side of fillets.
5. Top evenly with almond flour, and coat with cooking spray. Spray the baking sheet.
6. Arrange fillets on other side of the baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes.
7. Turn broiler to high. Broil 3 minutes or until the flour coating is golden and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with green beans, tomatoes, and lemon.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 30 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 358 Total Fat 14 g Protein 39g Carb 13g Fiber 3g Net Carbs 10g