I am a big fan of celebrity recipes.
So when I saw that Miss Piggy put out a celebrity cookbook, I was all over it.
It did not disappoint.
It is a veritable Who’s Who of late 80’s New York City. It’s got recipes from Brooke Shields, Robin Leach, John Travolta, Gene Shalit, and Ivana Trump, just to name a few. Miss Piggy rubbed shoulders with just about everybody.
There was one recipe that jumped out at me though.
It’s Muppet creator, Frank Oz’s recipe for Glop. Yes, Glop. I’d never heard of Glop, so I googled it. Turns out it’s not a thing. He totally made it up. Glop is this relentlessly healthy dish made by blending steamed broccoli, zucchini and spinach. You top it with cheese and health food store seasoning, and call it Glop.
But you know what? Glop is actually really good!
Take it from moi.
Frank Oz’s Recipe for Glop
This is a celebrity recipe from Muppet creator Frank Oz. It’s a ridiculously healthy dish called “Glop”. (It’s tastier that it sounds.)
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 1 pound frozen broccoli, chopped
- 4 zucchinis, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine, cut into pieces
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- spike vegetable seasoning (found in health food stores)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large covered pot, steam spinach, broccoli and zucchini in 1 cup water until done, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain.
3. In two batches, blend the vegetables in a food processor until mashed; add margarine and salt and pepper to taste. Put in a 6- to 8-cup casserole and sprinkle cheese on top.
4. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns. Sprinkle Spoke on top and serve.
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low Carb Glop, Keto Glop, Paleo Glop
You’ll need this specialty ingredient:
If you liked this low carb vegetable recipe, then you might like my Roasted Broccoli and Butternut Squash, Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Pecans or Ratatouille.