I love free stuff. Everybody loves getting free stuff.
So I was psyched to receive a box of swag from Swerve Sweetener this morning. They’d noticed how many recipes I make with Swerve and decided to send me a thank-you box full of their stuff.
And in news you can use, they sent a second box for me to give away.
It’s got a retro metal lunch box, a handy towel, measuring spoons, a spatula and four bags of Swerve Sweetener. All you need to do is subscribe to my newsletter. I’ll choose the winner on October 30th, 2017. Good luck!
But on to the recipe of the day: Sugar Free Nutella.
It’s easy to make this sugary chocolate spread sugar free. You’ll need a high powered blender or food processor, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, coconut oil, powdered sweetener, and vanilla. So you are just five ingredients and a blender away from a delicious chocolatey treat.
Homemade Sugar Free Nutella
This is a recipe for homemade sugar-free Nutella. It’s a alow carb chocolate hazelnut spread with only 1g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Arrange the hazelnuts in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Roast for 8-10 minutes, until they are browned and fragrant.
3. Place the hazelnuts into a large bowl with a lid. Shake vigorously to remove loose skins. Use a towel to finish wiping off as much of the skins as you can.
4. Place the skinned hazelnuts into a high-power blender, or food processor. Process for 1-3 minutes, scraping the sides as needed, until the nuts begin to release oil and then form a smooth nut butter.
5. Add the powdered sweetener, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Start with only 1 tablespoon of the oil and add more as needed. Process for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the spread is smooth and glossy.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 101
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Nutella, Keto Nutella, Sugar-Free Nutella
You’ll need this specialty ingredient.
If you liked this low carb chocolate spread, then you might like my recipes for Thin Mints, Coconut Chocolate Candies or Nutella Cupcakes.