Greetings fellow soup lovers.
Today I’m going to share a low carb beef and vegetable soup recipe that is super easy to make in an Instant Pot. If you are reading this far, then I am guessing you’ve got an Instant Pot (or “IP” if you are in the know). It’s pretty great, right? I love taking recipes that need to bake for several hours and using the pressure setting to cook them in fraction of the time.
And today’s recipe is in that vein.
I used beef chuck roast which usually takes between 3-4 hours in the oven to cook properly. But today I cooked it in the Instant Pot for just 35 minutes. And for this low carb vegetable soup, I brought out my secret weapon: the Daikon Radish. It looks a little something like this:
The Daikon Radish can be a very handy substitute for high carbohydrate potatoes.
I thought about using cauliflower instead of potatoes in this low carb soup, but then I decided against it. We low carb dieters sometimes ask too much from cauliflower, in my opinion. There is only so much it can do.
But look how well our friend the Daikon Radish fits into the soup!
It blends seamlessly with the other low carb vegetables in the soup. The soup is a blend of garlic, zucchini, celery and red bell peppers in a tomato and beef broth base. But this beef vegetable soup is pretty versatile. You can add in other low carb vegetables like green beans, cabbage, kale and yes, if you really want to…you can add cauliflower.
It just won’t be as rad…ish. (I’ll see myself out.)Print
Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup [Low Carb & Keto]
This low carb and Keto beef vegetable soup is a medley of garlic, zucchini, celery, red bell peppers and the secret ingredient: Daikon Radishes. It’s an easy Instant Pot dinner that comes together in about an hour. And each serving has just 3g net carb.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 13 cups 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3–4 pound beef chuck roast, dried, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 cups Daikon Radishes, peeled and diced
5 cloves garlic, peeled
1 cup red bell peppers, diced
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 cup celery, sliced
6 cups beef broth
8oz can of tomato sauce
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Dry the chuck roast and trim the fat. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Dice the vegetables.
2. Set the Instant Pot for Saute and add olive oil. Working in batches, sear the beef cubes on all sides, 4-5 minutes per batch. Remove the beef and set it aside until all of it has been seared. Turn off the Saute setting and add the beef cubes to the Instant Pot.
3. Top the beef with Daikon Radishes, garlic (whole), red bell peppers, zucchini, celery, beef broth, tomato sauce and bay leaves.
4. Pressure cook for 35 minutes. Allow the steam to release on its own for 10 minutes and then quick release any remaining steam.
5. Remove the bay leaves and add the coconut aminos or soy sauce.
6. Taste for salt and add more salt and pepper as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 285
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 31
Keywords: Low Carb Beef Vegetable Soup, Keto Beef Vegetable Soup, Paleo Beef Vegetable Soup
If you liked this low carb Daikon Radish recipe, then you might like my recipes for Daikon Gravy Fries, Beef and Scalloped Daikon Casserole or Daikon Latkes.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.4