This classic tuna casserole recipe uses rotini noodles made by the Great Low Carb Bread Co., so the carb count is only 6g per serving.
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
2 tablespoons water
3 cans tuna, drained and broken up
1/2 cup frozen peas, optional*
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 X 13 inch or 3 quart casserole dish.
2. Add rotini noodles to a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook for 15 minutes, then drain in a colander.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter over Medium heat until frothy. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add red bell peppers and cook for 1 minute more. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes.
4. Add cream and broth to the pan and cook for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, mix together arrowroot and water. Pour into the pan and cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes more.
5. In a large bowl, mix together noodles, sauce, peas, tuna and 1 1/2 cup cheese.
6. Pour mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and the noodles are beginning to brown.
*If you use peas, then the Nutritional Info is:
Calories: 447 Fat: 34g Carbs: 18g Fiber: 10g Protein: 26g
Nutritional Info below is without the peas:
Keywords: Low Carb Tuna Casserole, Keto Tuna Casserole, Paleo Tuna Noodle Casserole