I had this funny feeling as I was researching today’s biscotti recipe.
I felt sure that I’d been mispronouncing “biscotti” my whole life.
I had this funny feeling as I was researching today’s biscotti recipe.Just be sure to pronounce the second T in biscotti when you serve these cookies. That way, you won’t annoy all the Italians within earshot. Grazie Marco.
This recipe is a low carb take on the classic Italian dessert cookie.
It’s a simple recipe made from almonds, almond flour, almond extract, coconut flour, eggs, sugar-free sweetener and a little bit of dark chocolate. I based this recipe on one for Cranberry Almond Biscotti that I found on Low Carb Yum. The recipe clocks in at only 7g net carbs per cookie, so it’s the perfect snack if you are on a low carb diet. In fact, I think I’ll take a coffee and biscotti break right now.
Low Carb Almond and Chocolate Biscotti
This low carb recipe for chocolate and almond biscotti is chocolatey, nutty and has only 7g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup (2 oz) Lilly’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Beat together the eggs, vanilla and sweetener with an electric mixer until frothy, about a minute.
3. In separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until dough forms.
5. Stir in the almonds.
6. On the cookie sheet, form a rectangle of dough that is roughly 6″ wide x 7″ long and 3/4 inch thick.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top has browned.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. After 10 minutes on the pan, you can refrigerate it to cool it down.
9. Slice into thin pieces on a slight diagonal. Lay each piece on the side on the cookie sheet.
10. Bake slices for about 15-20 minutes at 350°F until toasted.
11. Turn off the oven and prop open the oven door. Allow the biscotti to cool to room temperature in the warm oven to crisp them up more.
12. Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments on 50% power. Stir between each 30 second chunk of time until the chocolate is liquid.
13. Drizzle chocolate over biscotti. Chocolate will harden as it cools, but you can put it in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden it quicker.
This recipe was updated on 1-18-19.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 253
- Fat: 18
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 9
Keywords: Low Carb Biscotti, Keto Biscotti, Low Carb Almond Biscotti, Keto Almond Biscotti
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this biscotti recipe, then you might want to try my recipe for Pistachio Chocolate Biscotti, or Cranberry Biscotti with Coconut and Chocolate Drizzle.