These low carb almond meringue cookies are a crispy and sweet and have less than 1g net carbs each.
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set your oven racks on third lowest and third highest positions.
2. Add cream of tartar to the whites and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Slowly add sweetener, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Continue beating until the whites are stiff and glossy. Add almond extract and beat for 30 seconds more.
3. Spoon or pipe mixture into 20 to 24 large meringues.
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 250F. Then reduce oven temperature to 200F and continue to bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, until crisp and tips are just starting to brown.
5. Turn off oven and let meringues sit inside for 2 hours or longer.
6. Remove and carefully peel off parchment.
Keywords: Low Carb Almond Meringue Cookies, Keto Almond Meringue Cookies, Sugar-Free Almond Meringue Cookies