1 cup (7oz) Lilly’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent sugar-free chocolate chips
1 cup ripe Hass avocado, sliced (1 large avocado)
3 large eggs
1 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 super fine almond flour*
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup ripe avocado, mashed
1 cup Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring after each time until completely melted, 60-90 seconds.
3. Mix together cocoa powder, sweetener, salt and almond flour in a medium sized bowl.
4. Add mashed avocado, eggs, vanilla and chocolate to a food processor or high powered blender and process until smooth and no chunks of avocado remain.
5. Add dry ingredients and process until smooth and fully combined.
6. Add mixture to the parchment covered pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes until edges pull away from the sides, and a toothpick in the middle of the brownies comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
8. Cool brownies completely before frosting, 2 hours. You can sprinkle powdered sweetener on top, or make up some avocado frosting.
9. Add mashed avocado, powdered sweetener and vanilla to a large bowl and use an electric mixer to whip until combined and smooth.
10. Use the edges of the parchment paper to lift the brownies out of the pan. Frost the brownies. Use a large knife to cut into 16 brownies. Clean knife after each cut to keep the frosting from getting everywhere.
Recipe updated 8-21-19 Nutritional Info is for a powdered sweetener sprinkled brownie.
*If you take these brownies to a party, make sure to clearly mark that it contains nuts. Most people don’t expect brownies to use almond flour, so people with nut allergies might inadvertently eat it.
STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BELOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Keto Avocado Brownies, Avocado Brownie Recipe, Chocolate Avocado Brownies