This recipe for low berry shortcake uses Carbquik Baking Mix as it’s base.
2 1/3 cups Carbquik Baking Mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
7 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener, divided
1 cup blueberries, divided
1/2 cup blackberries
1/2 cup raspberries
3 tablespoons Da Vinci Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup or equivalent
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a round 9 inch cake pan.
2. For the shortcake, mix together Carbquik, water, cream, melted butter and 6 tablespoons sweetener in a large bowl. The batter will be very thick.
3. Add batter to pan and smooth the batter down equally with your hands. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sweetener on top.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned on top and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
5. For the berry topping, add 1/3 cup blueberries, vanilla syrup, 1 tablespoon sweetener and water to a blender and blend for 1 minute. Mix liquid with the rest of the berries and set aside until needed.
6. For the whipped cream, mx together cream and powdered sweetener in a large mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
7. Once shortcake is done baking, allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before serving. Serve each slice topped with berries and whipped cream.
Keywords: Low Carb Berry Shortcake, Low Carb Strawberry Dessert, Low Carb Shortcake