Low Carb Keto Blueberry Chia Porridge
Remember Chia Pets? (below)
Well today we are going to talk about the second best use for chia seeds. We're going to eat them.
Chia seeds are used in just about everything lately.
You can sprinkle them on salads and smoothies to get some extra omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. And they have these mysterious gelling powers which make them useful for making pudding.
Today we're going to use the gelling property to make overnight chia porridge. It's made with coconut and almond milk and flavored with vanilla, cinnamon and blueberries. The result is a comforting breakfast cereal. One with only 6g net carbs per serving.
If you are missing oatmeal or cream of wheat for breakfast, then this chia seed porridge should hit the spot.
Low Carb Blueberry Chia Porridge
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 13 oz can of unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Mix together the chia seeds, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sweetener in a large bowl.
2. Blend the almond milk and blueberries together in a blender until liquified.
3. Combine the blueberry and chia mixtures.
4. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN CHILL TIME: 6 HOURS
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 247 Fat 21g Protein 4g Carb 12g Fiber 6g Net Carbs 6g