This recipe for low carb cream of broccoli soup is a very easy weeknight dinner with just 4g net carbs per bowl.
1. In a large soup pot, saute the garlic in butter for 1 minute over medium heat.
2. Add the broth, heavy cream, and chopped broccoli. Increase heat to bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
3. Add the shredded cheddar cheese gradually, stirring constantly, and continue to stir until melted. Make sure to keep it at a very low simmer and avoid high heat, to prevent seizing. As soon as the cheese is entirely melted, remove the pot from the heat.
4. Add the soup to a blender and pulse several times until you reach the desired consistency.
5. Serve in bowls with shredded cheese and bacon bits sprinkled on top.
Keywords: Low Carb Broccoli Soup, Keto Broccoli Soup, Paleo Broccoli Soup