These low carb candied bacon wrapped onion rings make the perfect game day food.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and place the rack in the middle. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Spray the cooling rack with cooking spray.
2. Place the sweetener in a large bowl.
3. Gently separate the onion rings leaving 2 rings together. Use the larger rings for this recipe and set the smaller ones aside for another use.
4. Take 2 strips of bacon and coat each side with sweetener.
5. Starting at one end of the bacon, snuggly but gently wrap the bacon around the onion ring slightly overlapping itself. You should be able to get half way around.
6. Take the second piece of bacon and place one end over top of the previous piece of bacon and continue wrapping until you have completely wrapped the onion ring in bacon.
7. Place on the cooking rack and continue wrapping the rest of the rings. For the smaller rings you’ll use 1 1/2 slices of bacon. Don’t overload the onion rings with bacon, since you want them to cook evenly.
8. Once all the rings are wrapped, place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
9. Using tongs to gently flip the onion rings over.
10. Cook for another 15-20 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and immediately plate. They will be soft so be careful. The bacon will crisp up as the onion rings cool.
Keywords: Low Carb Bacon Onion Rings, Keto Bacon Onion Rings, Paleo Bacon Onion Rings