These low carb and Keto cream cheese filled carrot muffins are great grab-and-go snacks that have just 3g net carbs each.
Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 tablespoons Isopure unsweetened protein powder
1/3 cup super fine almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, softened
5 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
2 oz (1 medium carrot) grated carrot
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or line a muffin pan. You can use a large muffin pan (3 inch wide wells) and make 6 muffins, or use a standard muffin pan (2 1/2 inch wide wells) and make 9 muffins.
2. In a medium sized bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together filling cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla until smooth. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together coconut flour, protein powder, almond flour, baking powder, pumpkin spice and salt.
4. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter, sweetener and vanilla until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
5. Beat 1 egg into the butter mixture. Beat in 1/3 of the dry mixture, then 1 egg, then 1/3 of the dry, then 1 egg and remaining dry mixture.
6. Mix in heavy whipping cream and grated carrot.
7. Fill the wells of the muffin pan halfway up with batter. Add a spoonful of filling to the middle of each well. Top with the remaining batter.
8. Sprinkle chopped pecans on top and gently press them into the tops of the batter.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the tops of the muffins are firm and nuts are lightly browned.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOGRAPHS ARE BELOW THE RECIPE
Keywords: Keto Carrot Muffins, Low Carb Carrot Muffins, Cream Cheese Filled Carrot Muffins