This recipe for low carb Eggs Benedict swaps out English Muffins for rounds of cauliflower.
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor or high powered blender and process until it’s the size of rice.
3. Microwave the cauliflower for 4 minutes in a large bowl. Stir and then microwave for another 4 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, add it to a clean tea towel and wring out the liquid. You should be able to remove at least 1 cup of liquid.
5. Mix the cauliflower with egg, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
6. Place a 3″ circular cookie cutter on the parchment covered cookie sheet. Fill the cookie cutter with the cauliflower mixture. Pack it down with the back of a spoon. Gently remove the cookie cutter. The rounds should be about 1/3 inch thick. Repeat until you’ve used up all the cauliflower..
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
8. While the cauliflower rounds are in the oven, you can make the Hollandaise sauce. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, lemon juice, mustard and salt for 10 seconds.
9. Melt butter in microwave, about 1 minute. Slowly add to the egg mixture while rigorously whisking. It should thicken up as it cools. Set the bowl in a pan of hot water to keep it warm. Alternately, you can use a blender instead of whisking. Just make sure to pour the butter in slowly as the blender mixes the sauce.
10. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Create a vortex by stirring the water, then drop in an egg. Cook for 3 minutes, then transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel. Repeat with remaining eggs.
11. Serve as a stack, with cauliflower rounds on the bottom, then Canadian bacon, then an egg, then Hollandaise sauce, with parsley sprinkled on top.
12. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Low Carb Eggs Benedict, Keto Eggs Benedict, Paleo Eggs Benedict