I know what you are thinking to yourself.
You’re thinking that this is just a bowl of cauliflower with cheese sauce on top.
Well you know what?
You’re absolutely right. That is exactly what it is. But when you are on a low carb diet, you get to call it mac-n-cheese for some reason. I don’t make the rules, buttercup. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ The good news is that it’s easy to make. All you need is cauliflower, cheddar cheese, butter and heavy cream.
And it’s not unlike mac-n-cheese. I mean, you wouldn’t mistake the two in the dark.
But under a certain kind of light… you can kind of see it.
Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Mac-N-Cheese
This recipe swaps out cauliflower for noodles to make low carb mac-cheese.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. In a large bowl, toss together the cauliflower florets with the melted butter. Season with the salt and black pepper.
3. Arrange the cauliflower florets on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.
4. Heat the cheddar cheese, heavy cream and remaining tablespoon of butter, in a saucepan over low heat. Stir until the cheese mixture is melted and smooth.
5. Toss cauliflower with cheese sauce right before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 30
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 11
Keywords: Low Carb Mac N Cheese, Keto Mac N Cheese, Paleo Mac N Cheese