Good news, low carb dieters.
I’ve found another way to eat cauliflower, food of the low carb gods.
This morning I used cauliflower to make these delicious rounds.
They are made from just four ingredients: cooked cauliflower rice, cheese, parsley and egg. You mix up all the ingredients, shape them into rounds and bake them. Before long you’ve got a tasty cauliflower snack with only 2g net carbs per round. I’ve also included a recipe for tomato ketchup to dip them in.
Because cauliflower rounds and ketchup are truly a match made in low carb heaven.
Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Rounds with Ketchup
These cauliflower rounds are much like hash browns, just hash browns with only 1g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 rounds 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 5 cups cauliflower florets, riced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup (8 oz) tomato puree
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the cauliflower florets to a food processor or high powered blender and process until it’s the size of rice.
3. Microwave the cauliflower for 4 minutes in a large bowl. Stir and then microwave for another 4 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. Once the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, add it to a clean tea towel and wring out the liquid. You should be able to remove at least 1 cup of liquid.
5. Mix the cauliflower with egg, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
6. Place a 3″ circular cookie cutter on the parchment covered cookie sheet. Fill the cookie cutter with the cauliflower mixture. Pack it down with the back of a spoon. Gently remove the cookie cutter. The rounds should be about 1/3 inch thick. Repeat until you’ve used up all the cauliflower..
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
8. While the cauliflower rounds are in the oven, you can make the ketchup.
9. Add all of the ketchup ingredients to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
10. Add the ketchup to a blender and blend until smooth.
11. Serve the rounds with ketchup on the side.
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR KETCHUP: Serving Size: 2 tablespoons Calories 13 Fat 0g Protein <1g Carbs 1g Fiber <1g Net Carbs 1g
NUTRITIONAL INFO FOR CAULIFLOWER ROUNDS BELOW:
- Serving Size: 1 round
- Calories: 74
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Cauliflower Rounds, Keto Cauliflower Rounds, Low Carb Cauliflower Hash Browns, Keto Cauliflower Hash Browns
If you liked this recipe for cauliflower rounds, then you might want to use them in place of English Muffins in my recipe for Cauliflower Eggs Benedict.