These low carb cheese and pecan crackers are a Southern treat. With only 1g net carbs per serving, they make for a great holiday appetizer.
1. Mix all the ingredients except the pecans together in a medium sized microwave safe bowl.
2. Microwave on High for one minute until the cheeses are partially melted. Stir well to combine. If the dough can’t be fully combined, then give it another 30 seconds in the microwave.
3. Allow to cool for several minutes and then mix in the beaten egg.
4. Roll the dough into a cylinder that is 1 1/2 inches wide. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 45 min – 1 hour in the freezer to make it firm enough to cut. Chill longer if necessary.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
6. Cut the dough cylinder into thin 1/8″ thick rounds. (The thinner the better.) Place on the parchment covered cookie sheet.
7. Press one pecan into each cracker.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned all over. There will be oil released from the cookies. Just leave it.
9. Cool the crackers on the cookie sheet. They’ll crisp up as they cool.
Keywords: Low Carb Cheese Pecan Cracker, Ketp Cheese Pecan Cracker