Well, I just learned something new.
In preparation for today’s cheesecake brownie recipe, I watched a video by the The Baker Mama on how to marbleize a cake. (below) If you haven’t done this before, then it’s well worth a look.
This recipe is a mash-up of two classic desserts: brownies and cheesecake.
It’s adapted from a great recipe that I found on Domestically Creative. The brownie half is a mixture of Paleo Flour, eggs, sweetener, baking powder and sugar-free chocolate chips. (Lilly makes a great low carb dark chocolate chip. That’s what I used for this recipe.) And the cheesecake half is made up of cream cheese, egg, sweetener and vanilla.
To mix the two batters together in the pan, you start by covering the bottom with the brownie batter. Then add dollops of cheesecake in a checkerboard pattern. And finally, you take a knife and cut through the batter in a zigzag pattern to marbleize it.
And voila! You’ve got the perfect mix of brownie and cheesecake.
Low Carb Keto Cheesecake Brownies
This recipe for low carb cheesecake brownies is a tasty dessert with only 3g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 9 brownies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2.5 oz sugar-free chocolate chips (like Lilly’s)
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix the 2 eggs for the brownie layer with an electric mixer until frothy. Mix in the sweetener.
3. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until whipped. Mix in 1 egg, vanilla and sweetener until well combined.
4. In a small bowl, melt chocolate and butter together for 30 second intervals, stirring between heatings, until chocolate is completely melted and the butter is combined.
5. Combine the vanilla, salt, and baking powder with the 2 beaten eggs in the large bowl. Mix in the chocolate mixture. Slowly add in the Paleo Flour and mix to combine.
6. Add the chocolate mixture to the bottom of the baking pan. Using a spoon, add dollops of the cheesecake mixture on top in a checkerboard pattern. Use a butter knife to smooth the batter around into a marble pattern.
7. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Cheesecake Brownie, Keto Cheesecake Brownie, Sugar-Free Cheesecake Brownie
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this low carb cheesecake recipe, then you might like my recipes for Berry Mini Cheesecakes, Matcha Cheesecake Bars or Peach NY Style Cheesecake.