This recipe for low carb Keto Chinese BBQ pork is also known as Char Siu.
2–3 pounds pork tenderloin (2 one pound pork tenderloins)
1/2 cup sugar-free pancake syrup
6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
6 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
1/2 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice blend
1 teaspoon red food coloring (optional)
1. Wash pork tenderloins and dry with paper towels. Trim the fat from the pork tenderloins.
2. If using food coloring, wear plastic gloves when handling BBQ sauce. Add all BBQ sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until garlic is liquified, 30 seconds.
3. Add BBQ sauce to a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes until somewhat thickened. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
4. Add pork tenderloins and BBQ sauce to a 1 gallon plastic bag and coat all sides with sauce.
5. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Fill a large casserole dish or roasting pan with water and place a cooling rack on top. Place pork tenderloins on rack and put it in the oven. Add left over BBQ Sauce to a small bowl.
7. Roast for 45-60 minutes until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F. Remove from the oven every 10 minutes during roasting to turn the pork tenderloins and brush both sides with more BBQ sauce.
8. Allow pork tenderloins to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting into 1/4 thick slices.
Nutritional Info is for a 2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 8 (1/4 pound) servings
Keywords: Low Carb BBQ Park, Keto BBQ Pork, Low Carb Char Sui, Keto Char Sui