I’ve got three words for you: Treat Yo Self.
Treat Yo Self is, of course, the holiday invented by Donna and Tom of Parks and Recreation. (below) It’s the day when you treat yourself to clothes, fragrances, massages, mimosas, and fine leather goods. It is, in short, the best day of the year.
So today is the perfect day to make these chocolate cupcakes with Nutella frosting.
You are going to need some sugar-free chocolate hazelnut spread. If you don’t happen to have some laying around, here is the recipe. You can also use a low carb chocolate hazelnut spread called NutiLight.
I have to say, this is one of those magical low carb recipes that can completely pass for the real thing. But a normal cupcake has around 50g net carbs, and these little beauties only have 4g. So yea, no need to feel guilty about treating yo self today.
It’s best day of the year!
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
This recipe for low carb chocolate cupcakes with Nutella frosting is a decadent dessert with only 4g net carbs each.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 9 cupcakes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk and
- 2 tablespoons full fat canned coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve confectioners or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 2 tablespoons low carb hazelnut chocolate spread, room temperature*
- 1/2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a cupcake pan with 9 liners.
2. Beat the eggs well, stir in the melted butter, coconut milk and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well.
5. Place the batter into cupcake liners 3/4 of the way up and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back lightly when touched.
6. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
7. Beat the softened butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
8. Gradually beat in the powdered sweetener until well mixed in.
9. Add the hazelnut chocolate spread and beat in.
10. Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla extract and beat to fluffy.
11. Pipe or spread the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. You’ll have enough frosting to pipe it, but I actually recommend that you spread a smaller amount on top. A little bit of this frosting goes a long way. You can halve the frosting recipe to get enough to spread.
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 27
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Nutella Cupcakes, Keto Nutella Cupcakes, Sugar-Free Nutella Cupcakes
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this cupcake recipe, then you might like my recipes for Poke, Carrot Cake or Blue Velvet Cupcakes.