Low Carb Keto Cloud Bread Pudding
I really miss good old fashioned white bread.
There, I've said it and I'm glad I said it. Bread is the ultimate comfort food, and I am feeling the loss now that the long dark winter has begun. It's truly been a test of my commitment to this low carb diet.
But I shouldn't sulk about it.
There is always cloud bread for such moments. And today a new thought occurred to me: Cloud Bread Pudding. Could cloud bread be used to make the epitome of comfort food?
And I am happy to report that the answer is yes. You can make low carb bread pudding out of cloud bread. You can and you absolutely should.
It won't be exactly like the bread pudding you remember from your heady pre-low carb days, but it will be mighty good just the same. I used a coconut milk and cream custard base and threw in some blueberries to brighten things up a bit. The result is a satisfying bread pudding with only 7g net carbs per serving.
Pretty nice on a cold winter's day.
Low Carb Cloud Bread Pudding
6 large eggs, separated
1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup unflavored whey protein powder
6 large eggs
1 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 cup full fat canned coconut milk, well mixed
1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blueberries (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
3. Combine the egg yolks, sour cream, baking powder and protein powder in a medium sized bowl.
4. Fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture a little at a time until it's all incorporated.
5. Pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
6. Bake on the middle shelf of oven for 50- 60 minutes or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and cut into bite sized pieces. All to cool for 45 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
9. Beat the eggs. Mix in the coconut milk, cream, sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon.
10. Add the cubed cloud bread to the standard sized casserole dish. Sprinkle blueberries on top. Pour the custard over all.
11. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until set.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 1 HR 45 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Calories 409 Total Fat 31g Protein 25g Carb 8g Fiber 1g Net Carbs 7g