Low Carb Keto Coconut Lime Gummies
"He put the lime in the coconut and drank them both up.
He put the lime in the coconut and drank them both together."
This song got stuck in my head this morning as I made these coconut lime gummies. And now I pass it on to you. (Above) Take it away Kermit.
It's very easy to put the lime in the coconut in this gummy candy recipe.
They've only got five ingredients: Sugar Free Lime Jello, unflavored gelatine, water, coconut milk and sweetener. The sweetener is optional, but I've found that adding another sweetener mellows the gummies out and makes them taste less sugar free. The result is a very delicious treat with only 1g net carb per serving. Just don't eat too many or you'll be like,
"Doctor! Is there something I can take? Doctor! To relieve this belly ache?"
Low Carb Coconut Lime Gummies
- 1 (.3 oz) package Sugar Free Lime Jello
- 2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk, well mixed
1. Pour the cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle the unflavored gelatine on top to soften.
2. Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
3. Add the Jello and sweetener and mix to dissolve. Add in the softened gelatine and mix to dissolve.
4. Fill the wells of a rubber candy mold with the Jello mixture. You can also pour it into a loaf pan and cut it into cubes once it gels.
5. Chill for at least 1 hour before removing from the molds. Store in the refrigerator.
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 5 MIN
CHILL TIME: 1 HRS
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 4 bon bon sized candies Calories 71 Fat 6g Protein 2g Carb 1g Fiber 0g Net Carbs 1g