“He put the lime in the coconut and drank them both up. He put the lime in the coconut and drank them both together.” -Kermit the Frog
This song got stuck in my head this morning as I made these coconut lime gummies.
And now I pass it on to you. (video above) Take it away Kermit.
It’s very easy to put the lime in the coconut in this gummy candy recipe.
They’ve only got five ingredients: Sugar Free Lime Jello, unflavored gelatine, water, coconut milk and sweetener. The sweetener is optional, but I’ve found that adding another sweetener mellows the gummies out and makes them taste less sugar free. The result is a very delicious treat with only 1g net carb per serving. Just don’t eat too many or you’ll be like,
“Doctor! Is there something I can take? Doctor! To relieve this belly ache?”
Low Carb Keto Coconut Lime Gummies
You put the lime in the coconut and mix them both up.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (.3 oz) package Sugar Free Lime Jello
- 2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener (optional)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup full fat canned coconut milk, well mixed
1. Pour the cold water into a small bowl and sprinkle the unflavored gelatine on top to soften.
2. Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering.
3. Add the Jello and sweetener and mix to dissolve. Add in the softened gelatine and mix to dissolve.
4. Fill the wells of a rubber candy mold with the Jello mixture. You can also pour it into a loaf pan and cut it into cubes once it gels.
5. Chill for at least 1 hour before removing from the molds. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 4 candies
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Lime Gummies, Keto Lime Gummies, Sugar-Free Lime Gummies
You’ll need this specialty ingredient: