One of the perks of being a food blogger is that you get to eat ice cream for breakfast. (I had to… it was starting to melt!)
This recipe comes to us from the elder statesmen of ice cream, Ben & Jerry.
Their sweet cream base could not be simpler. You just mix milk, cream, eggs and sugar together and throw it into an ice cream maker. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
My low carb version of the recipe swaps out the sugar and adds a step where you steep the cream in coffee. Sweet sweet coffee.
It’s a great way to start or end the day.
Low Carb Keto Coffee Ice Cream
This recipe for low carb coffee ice cream is a lovely frozen treat with just 2g net carbs per scoop.
- Prep Time: 2:20
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 3 hours
- Yield: 1 quart 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole bean coffee, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent sweetener
- 2 large pasteurized eggs*
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the almond milk and cream over medium-high heat until it starts to steam, 5-7 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and stir in the coarsely ground coffee. Cover the pan and allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth lined wire mesh strainer.
4. Mix in the sweetener.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. Whisk the eggs in mixing bowl until light and frothy, 1-2 minutes. Add to the milk mixture.
7. Transfer to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions. (Usually 25-30 minutes.)
*If you are not down with raw eggs, then it is fine to leave them out.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 229
- Fat: 24
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: <1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: Low Carb Coffee Ice Cream, Keto Coffee Ice Cream, Sugar-Free Coffee Ice Cream
You’ll need this specialty ingredient: