Have you ever seen Wallace & Gromit’s Curse of the Were Rabbit? (trailer below)
If not, then I heartily recommend it. It’s hilarious.
It’s all about this rabbit/werewolf that is eating everybody’s vegetables. I was reminded of the film as I chopped the veg for this coleslaw recipe. (I like calling vegetables “veg” like the English do. It feels fancier.) I have to admit, I find raw cabbage to be almost inedible. The only time you’ll see me eat it is slathered in coleslaw dressing. So here’s a recipe to do just that.
(Don’t worry, by the time you’re done with it, it’ll be delicious.)
Low Carb Keto Coleslaw
This recipe for low carb and sugar-free coleslaw has just 5g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 12 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1 small head of cabbage
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Slice the onion and cabbage very thinly with a knife or mandolin.
2. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, sweetener, salt and pepper.
3. Mix in with the vegetables.
4. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 72
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 1
Keywords: Low Carb Coleslaw, Keto Coleslaw, Sugar-Free Coleslaw
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: