Low Carb Keto Cream Cheese Mints
I have so many things to do today!
But I decided to make some low carb candy instead. All the while, I hummed the song, "I Never Go to Work" by They Might Be Giants to myself. (below) Those dudes know what's up.
These mints though. They were totally worth it.
They are a low carb version of the special occasion mints that you see at weddings and baby showers.
My grandmother used keep a stash of them on the counter of her kitchen. So I was so happy to learn that I could make them at home. It's an easy, four ingredient recipe that I found on Mom On Time Out. For my low carb version, I swapped out the powdered sugar for powdered sugar-free sweetener. The result is a very sweet, minty, melt in your mouth candy with less than 1g net carb per serving. Excellente!
Ok, time for me to think up a new excuse for not doing my work. Till next time.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Mints
4 oz cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 pound powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
2 teaspoons mint extract
1. Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
2. Mix in half of the powdered sweetener.
3. Switch to a spatula and mix in the mint extract and then the remaining powdered sweetener
4. Separate the dough into 2 - 4 bowls, depending on how many colors you want to use. Add food coloring to each bowl and mix in with a spatula until smooth and uniform in color.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours until firm enough to work with.
6. Scoop out 1/2 tablespoon sized portions and roll into balls. Add to a parchment covered cookie sheet. Press down on each mint with a glass or fork.
7. Place the candies in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden. Store in the freezer.
YIELD: 56 CANDIES SERVINGS: 14
PREP TIME: 10 MIN COOK TIME: 60 MIN
NUTRITIONAL INFO: Serving Size: 4 mints Calories 58 Fat 6g Protein <1g Carb <1g Fiber 0g Net Carbs <1g