Can we talk about the Winter Olympics for a minute?
I’m going to show you how to make curry pickled cauliflower, but I just want to take a moment to appreciate Adam Rippon, champion figure skater. (video above)
He is KILLING it this year! I am in awe of anyone who can skate like that and make it look effortless. And the music was just perfect. I won’t lie, when Coldplay came on, I teared up a little. The kid is just so good.
But pickled cauliflower-
If you do decide to watch the Winter Olympics, you’ll need something to snack on. Low carb, obviously. This recipe for low carb curry pickled cauliflower is just the thing. The recipe is adapted from a “Hurry Curry” that Alton Brown makes. I’ve adjusted the seasoning a little and swapped out the sugar for sugar free sweetener. The result is a ridiculously healthy snack with only 4g net carbs per cup.
Ok, now it’s back to swizzles and triple sow cows for me. Break a leg.
Low Carb Keto Curry Pickled Cauliflower
This is a recipe for curry pickled cauliflower that has just 2g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 11
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1. Add the water, vinegar, salt and sweetener to a medium sized saucepan and heat until fully dissolved. Set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic and spices to the pan and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the cauliflower to the pan and toss to coat.
3. Cook the cauliflower until slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the cauliflower to a glass jar or other resealable container. Pour the pickling liquid over the cauliflower and seal the container. Chill for one week in the refrigerator before serving.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 18
- Fat: <1
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Pickled Cauliflower, Keto Pickled Cauliflower, Curry Pickled Cauliflower
You’ll need this specialty ingredient:
If you liked this recipe for pickled cauliflower, then you might like my Sweet and Spicy Pickles or Pickled Eggs.