I made seed crackers this morning, so I’ve been thinking about the movie, A Bug’s Life.
Do you remember that film?
It’s a Pixar film from the late 90’s about the personal lives of ants. (video below)
They had this whole elaborate system for getting seeds to the seed pile. But when a leaf falls in front of the line of ants, everybody panics. “We’ll be stuck here FOREVER!” one of them cries. (Not to spoil it, but they eventually figure out how to get around the leaf.) It’s a great old film to rewatch with kids.
But that’s what I’ve been thinking about as I put together this recipe for low carb everything seed crackers.
That and how delicious these crackers turned out.
They’re made from almond flour, psyllium husk powder, pepitas, and sesame, chia and sunflower seeds. I also added in some Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning for flavor. The result is a crispy crunchy seed cracker with only 1g net carbs per serving.
The ants are going to go cuckoo for these crackers!
Low Carb Keto Everything Seed Crackers
These Low Carb Keto Everything Seed Crackers are seriously delicious.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 1:00
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pepita seeds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon psyllium powder
- 3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and cover a large 11 X 17 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lower the oven rack to the lowest setting.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to get the clumps in the almond flour out.
3. Add boiling water and butter. Mix together with a spatula until a dough forms. Test for saltiness and add more salt if desired.
4. Use spatula to spread out the dough thinly on the parchment covered cookie sheet. It should cover the cookie sheet completely from edge to edge and be about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Bake on lower rack for about 1 hour, checking occasionally to make sure it’s not burning. Turn the cookie sheet around halfway through so that it cooks evenly. Pay attention as seeds are heat sensitive.
6. Turn off the oven and let the crackers dry in the oven for another hour.
7. Break into pieces.
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this Everything Cracker recipe, then you might like my recipes for Everything Bagels, Spicy Cheese Crackers or Psyllium Husk Bread.