Today, I’ve got quite the recipe to share with you. It’s one of those rare unicorn recipes that you can eat on just about any diet.
This recipe for flaxseed crackers is Low Carb, Keto , Paleo, Weight Watchers, Vegetarian, Vegan. THM-S, Gluten-free and Grain-free. Is it compliant with Whole30, the most restrictive diet on Earth? Probably! (I just looked it up and it totally is.)
So what’s in these unicorn crackers?
I’m glad you asked. These magical crackers are made from almond flour, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, chia seeds, sesame seeds and psyllium husk powder. And I also added in some Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning for flavor. You just need to add butter and boiling hot water and you are off to the races.
So, in summary, you should definitely make these low carb flax seed crackers.
They are a healthy appetizer or snack with only 98 calories and 1g net carbs per serving. And they are perfect for low carb dips like Cauliflower Hummus, and Curried Hummus. You can top them with anything that can reasonably eaten on a cracker. So you might just forget that you are on a diet.
Ok, now it’s time for me and my unicorn to prance off into the sunset.
Flax Seed Crackers
These Low Carb Keto Everything Flax Seed Crackers are seriously delicious. They’ve got just 98 calories and 1g net carbs and you can eat them on low carb, keto, paleo, Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and grain-free diets. That’s a mouthful!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 60
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
1/3 cup super-fine almond flour
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup pepita seeds
1/3 cup chia seeds
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder
3 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
1/4 cup butter or ghee, melted
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and cover a large 11 X 17 inch cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lower the oven rack to the lowest setting.
2. Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Whisk to get the clumps in the almond flour out.
3. Add boiling water and butter. Mix together with a spatula until a dough forms. Test for saltiness and add more salt if desired.
4. Use spatula to spread out the dough thinly on the parchment covered cookie sheet. It should cover the cookie sheet completely from edge to edge and be about 1/4 inch thick.
5. Bake on lower rack for about 1 hour, checking occasionally to make sure it’s not burning. Turn the cookie sheet around halfway through so that it cooks evenly. Pay attention as seeds are heat sensitive.
6. Turn off the oven and let the crackers dry in the oven for another hour.
7. Break into pieces.
- Calories: 98
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Flax Seed Crackers, Flaxseed Crackers, Keto Flaxseed Crackers, Flaxseed Crackers
If you liked this Everything Cracker recipe, then you might like my recipes for Everything Bagels, Spicy Cheese Crackers or Psyllium Husk Bread.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.3