These low carb holiday cookies are lovely fruit filled treats. And each cookie has just 4g net carbs. They are the perfect thing to bring to a holiday party.
1. Mix together the dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Then mix in the beaten egg and vanilla.
2. Add the mozzarella cheese to a large microwave safe bowl. Cook in 30 second increments, mixing every 30 seconds until the cheese has completely melted.
3. Mix all the ingredients together in the large bowl until smooth and combined.
4. Roll out the dough between two sheets of parchment or wax paper until it is very thin, about 1/8 – 1/16 of an inch.
5. Chill the dough for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
6. While the dough is chilling, you can make the berry filling. Add the berries, sweetener and water to a saucepan. Cook on medium until the berries have released their juices and thickened a bit, about 5-7 minutes. Mash any remaining whole berries with a potato masher until the mixture is a consistent consistency. Add the Xanthan Gum and cook for another minute or so until thickened. Check the berry mixture for sweetness and add more sweetener if desired.
7. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
8. With a large chopping knife, cut the dough into 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch squares. Fill each square with 1 teaspoon of the berry filling. Make the filling into a diagonal line across the square.
9. Use the large knife to carefully fold two of the sides over the filling until they overlap.
10. Use the knife to transfer the cookies to the cookie sheets. Give each cookie some room, since they will spread as they cook.
11. Roll up the remaining dough, roll it out and repeat these steps.
12. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cook on the cookie sheet for 20 minutes and then remove the cookies to a cooking rack.
13. Dust the tops of the cookies with powdered sweetener.
Keywords: Low Carb Fruit Filled Cookies, Keto Fruit Filled Cookies, Sugar-Free Fruit Filled Cookies