These low carb blistered green beans with creamy tahini sauce are to die for.
3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar, divided
1/2 red or green jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons red onion, minced
2 tablespoons almonds, toasted
1/2 cup full fat plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound green beans, with stem ends cut
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons vinegar, garlic, red onion, and jalapeño pepper, if using. Set aside in the refrigerator.
2. Toast almonds in a large ungreased skillet over Medium High heat until browned, 3-4 minutes.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together yogurt, tahini, remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and salt. Set aside in the refrigerator.
4. In a large bowl, toss green beans with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
5. Heat the large skillet over High heat until very hot. Add green beans to the pan and cook until charred but still crispy, about 4 minutes.
6. Return green beans to the large bowl and toss with the quick pickled garlic, onion and peppers. Allow to sit for a minute or two to absorb the flavoring.
7. Spoon the tahini sauce in a circle around the edge of a serving plate and top with green beans and toasted almonds.
8. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Low Carb Green Beans, Keto Green Beans, Paleo Green Beans