It looks like CLUE, the Movie is getting a reboot.
Well, hopefully it is good news. It’ll be hard to top the 1985 film though. It’s this campy cult classic that starred a whole raft of great character actors, like Tim Curry, Michael McKean, Martin Mull, Lesley Ann Warren, Christopher Lloyd, and of course, the wonderful Madeline Kahn as Mrs. White. Her description of killing her rival because she saw “Flames, flames, on the side of my face, burning” will go down in improv history. (video below)
We used to have a VHS copy of CLUE when my sisters and I were kids. I cannot tell you how many times we watched it. As I re-watched the final scene just now, I found that I could still recite most of it by memory. And it put me in mind of these great Jello salads that my grandmother used to make at around that same time.
Like this recipe for Jello Fluff Salad.
Jello Fluff Salad is kind of interesting as Jello salads go, because you don’t gel it at all.
The Jello powder just acts as a flavoring for the cottage cheese and whipped cream that make up this salad. Jello Fluff salads usually have nuts and fruit of some kind. To keep this salad low carb, I went with cranberries and pecans. And of course, Sugar Free Jello. But feel free to skip the cranberries if they aren’t in season. Or substitute in raspberries instead. This salad is flexible.
Just like Mrs. Peacock in the kitchen with the carving knife.
Low Carb Keto Jello Fluff Salad with Cranberries and Pecans
Low Carb Jello Fluff Salad is a retro treat with only 8g net carbs per serving.
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups full fat small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup cranberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 (.3 oz) boxes of Sugar Free Raspberry Jello
1. In a medium sized bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
2. Roughly chop the cranberries and mix with the 2 tablespoons sweetener.
3. Roughly chop the pecans.
4. In a medium sized bowl, add the Jello powder to the cottage cheese and mix well.
5. Mix the cranberries and pecans with the cottage cheese.
6. Gently fold in the whipped cream until uniformly combined.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
- Calories: 375
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 15
You’ll need this specialty ingredient: