These holiday cookie platter classics are easy to make and tasty to eat. They are low carb and Keto and each cookie has just 2g net carbs.
“Just call me angel of the morning (angel). Just touch my cheek before you leave me (baby).” -Juice Newton
I’m just sitting here munching on some low carb almond crescents and feeding my love of 80’s music. Today I woke up with Juice Newton’s “Angel of the Morning” stuck in my head. I love the fact that I can think of a song, and then within moments find a video for it on Youtube.
This particular song is more popular than you might guess.
It seems that more than 33 million people woke up with the same song stuck in their head. The world is a strange and wondrous place.
But I’m actually here to talk about low carb almond crescent cookies.
These holiday cookie platter classics were actually pretty easy to make low carb. I used a mixture of almond flour, coconut flour and ground almonds as the base. Then I added in butter, eggs, sugar-free sweetener, an egg, and some vanilla and almond extracts. And that was that. I had my low carb cookie dough.
I formed the dough into logs and dredged them in sliced almonds. Then I shaped the cookies into crescents and baked them up. And voilà, I had a batch of tasty low carb almond cookies with only 2g net carbs each.
Just right for an angel of the morning (angel).
Low Carb Keto Almond Crescent Cookies
These holiday cookie platter classics are easy to make and tasty to eat. And each cookie has just 2g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 17
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1/2 cup butter, softened
6 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup super fine almond flour
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sweetener with an electric mixer until course crumbs form.
- Add egg, almond extract and vanilla extract and mix well to combine.
- Add slivered almonds to a food processor or high powered blender and pulse a few time to bread the almonds up.
- Add ground almonds, almond flour and coconut flour to the bowl and mix well to combine.
- Form the dough into a ball. Cut the ball in half and then in half again until you have 16 pieces of dough.
- Add the sliced almonds to a medium sized bowl.
- Roll a piece of dough into a ball and then roll it into a 3 inch long log.
- Roll the log in the sliced almonds to coat front and back.
- Shape the log into a crescent and add to the cookie sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is used up and both of the cookie sheets have an equal amount of cookies.
- One cookie sheet at a time, bake for 12-17 minutes until cookies are browned at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 1/2 hour before eating. The cookies will be soft and crumbly when they come out of the oven, but will firm up as they cool.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Almond Crescents, Keto Almond Crescents, Low Carb Almond Cookies, Keto Almond Cookies
If you liked these low carb cookies, then you might like my shortbread, compost or peanut butter cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.