Greetings low carb cookie monsters!
Who’s ready to make some low carb and keto almond pinwheel cookies? Are you with me? Good, let’s begin.
You start by preheating the oven to 320 degrees F and covering 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Move the oven racks to the middle and top positions. Measure out 2 inch wide lines and mark them with a pencil. Separate the lines by 1 inch.
Ok, now it’s time to blend together 1 cup almond flour with 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar-Free Sweetener or an equivalent. Blend for 1 minute until it’s a fine powder. Don’t over blend or it will turn into a paste.
Sift the powder through a sieve to lighten it up more.
Separate 2 large eggs and reserve the egg whites. Add a pinch of salt.
Use an electric mixer to whip the egg whites into soft peaks.
Slowly whip in 2 tablespoons granulated Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener until glossy and stiff peaks form.
Fold the powdered almond flour and sweetener mixture into the egg whites until a dough forms.
The dough will be very thick.
Pipe the dough into 2 inch wide spirals using the guides that you drew on the parchment paper.
Place on the middle rack in the oven and place an empty cookie sheet on the top rack to keep the cookies from browning too quickly. Bake for 9-12 minutes until the cookies are just beginning to brown on the edges. Rotate the cookies halfway through the cook time. Keep a close eye on the cookies at the very end because they’ll brown fast.
Cool on the pan for 30 minutes and then gently remove from the parchment paper and enjoy.
And that’s about it.
In two shakes of a lamb’s tail, you’ll have a batch of delicious low carb and keto almond pinwheel cookies with less than 1g net carbs each. These cookies are full of healthy goodness while being gluten-free, sugar-free, grain-free and dairy-free. And they’ve got a great texture too. The outer surface is firm but the cookie is soft in the middle and has a nice chew to it. These piped almond cookies are ones that you’ll enjoy making again and again.
Mark my words!
Low Carb Keto Almond Pinwheel Cookies
These low carb and keto almond pinwheel cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and have less than 1g net carbs each. They are cookies that you’ll want to make again and again.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 24
- Total Time: 39 minutes
- Yield: 32 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1 cup super fine almond flour
2 tablespoons Confectioner’s Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
2 large egg whites
1 pinch salt
2 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Move the oven racks to the middle and top positions. Measure out 2 inch wide lines and mark them with a pencil. Separate the lines by 1 inch.
- In a blender, blend together 1 cup almond flour with 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar-Free Sweetener or an equivalent. Blend for 1 minute until it’s a fine powder. Don’t over blend or it will become a paste.
- Sift the mixture through a sieve to lighten it up even more.
- Separate eggs and add egg whites and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Whip egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Slowly mix in 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener and whip until glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Add in almond extract and whip for 30 seconds more.
- Fold powdered almond flour mixture into the egg whites. The dough will be very thick.
- Add the dough to a piping bag along with a round tip.
- Pipe the dough into spiral shapes, using the guidelines that you drew on the parchment paper. You should be able to fill one and a half cookie sheets.
- Place an empty cookie sheet on the top shelf of the oven, and the cookie covered cookie sheet in the middle. This will keep the cookies from browning too fast.
- Bake for 9 – 12 minutes until just beginning to brown at the edges. Keep a close eye on the cookies at the end because they’ll brown fast. Repeat with second cookie sheet.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 30 minutes and then gently remove the cookies from the parchment paper.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Almond Cookies, Keto Almond Cookies, Sugar-Free Almond Cookies
If you liked these low carb cookies, then you might like my recipes for Cranberry Chocolate Chip, Black and White or Almond Crescent Cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe below. You should know that they are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.
Which is pretty sweet.