Low Carb Keto Almond Pinwheel Cookies
These low carb and keto almond pinwheel cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and have less than 1g net carbs each. They are cookies that you’ll want to make again and again.
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Move the oven racks to the middle and top positions. Measure out 2 inch wide lines and mark them with a pencil. Separate the lines by 1 inch.
- In a blender, blend together 1 cup almond flour with 2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioner’s Sugar-Free Sweetener or an equivalent. Blend for 1 minute until it’s a fine powder. Don’t over blend or it will become a paste.
- Sift the mixture through a sieve to lighten it up even more.
- Separate eggs and add egg whites and salt to a large mixing bowl.
- Whip egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Slowly mix in 2 tablespoons granulated sweetener and whip until glossy and stiff peaks form.
- Add in almond extract and whip for 30 seconds more.
- Fold powdered almond flour mixture into the egg whites. The dough will be very thick.
- Add the dough to a piping bag along with a round tip.
- Pipe the dough into spiral shapes, using the guidelines that you drew on the parchment paper. You should be able to fill one and a half cookie sheets.
- Place an empty cookie sheet on the top shelf of the oven, and the cookie covered cookie sheet in the middle. This will keep the cookies from browning too fast.
- Bake for 9 – 12 minutes until just beginning to brown at the edges. Keep a close eye on the cookies at the end because they’ll brown fast. Repeat with second cookie sheet.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 30 minutes and then gently remove the cookies from the parchment paper.
- Serving Size: 2 cookies
- Calories: 42
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Low Carb Almond Cookies, Keto Almond Cookies, Sugar-Free Almond Cookies