These low carb and Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are SPICY. Have a glass of water handy.
Somedays I pat myself on the back for being such a good parent.
And today was just such a day. This morning my son announced that he wanted to dress up as Ron Swanson from Parks and Recreation for Halloween. That’s my boy!
The idea for Ron Swanson came up because of these bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers.
Ron Swanson’s favorite food is, of course, bacon. I actually found a PSA he did for bacon. (Below) Due to an expected bacon shortage, Ron has been squirreling away bacon in the office. In the walls, in printers, and even under Tom Haverford. It’s really funny.
Thankfully there is no shortage of bacon yet.
So we are free to make these low carb bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers. I must warn you though, these babies are HOT. On a scale of 1-10, they are a 13. So have a glass of water handy. But know that they have less than 1g net carb each.
All thanks to the power of bacon.
Low Carb Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
These Low Carb Keto Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers are SPICY. Have a glass of water handy.
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 28 poppers 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
14 jalapeño peppers, seeded and sliced in half
5 oz cream cheese
5 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
14 slices bacon, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese and black pepper.
3. Slice each jalapeño pepper in half and remove the seeds. Wear latex gloves if you have them. Fill each pepper with cream cheese mixture.
4. Cut bacon in half so you have 28 pieces. Wrap each pepper with bacon, leaving the loose ends underneath the peppers. Use a tooth pick to hold the bacon together.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is at the desired doneness.
6. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet.
7. Can be served warm or cold.
- Serving Size: 2 Jalapeno Popper Halves
- Calories: 96
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Jalapeno Poppers, Low Carb Bacon Jalapeno Poppers, Keto Jalapeno Poppers
If you liked these Jalapeno Poppers, then you might like my recipe for Caramelized Onion and Bacon MIni Pepper Poppers.