This recipe for low carb keto banana walnut bread uses a mixture of yellow squash and banana extract to mimic the taste of bananas.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit in and over the side of a loaf pan. You’ll use it to remove the bread to cool. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In medium sized mixing bowl, add almond flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener, whey protein, oat fiber, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together.
3. Grate the yellow squash and blot the liquid from it with paper towels. Add to a large bowl along with eggs, ricotta cheese, vanilla and banana extract. Mix well to combine.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
5. Add batter to prepared loaf pan and use a spatula to smooth the top. Sprinkle walnuts over the top of the batter.
6. Bake for 55-65 minutes until browned on top and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean. Check in at minute 40 and place a sheet of aluminum foil over the top to prevent further browning.
7. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan. Cut around the edges of the pan and remove the loaf using the sides of parchment paper. Place loaf on cooling rack and cool for at least 10 more minutes before cutting.
Keywords: Low Carb Banana Bread, Keto Banana Bread, Banana Bread