I don’t know about you, but I spend a lot of time alone in my kitchen.
Maybe a little bit too much time. It occurred to me today, that everyone might not give all their appliances personalities like I do. For instance, my oven is the benevolent leader of the kitchen. And the fridge is a little too big for his britches. That’s normal, right?
My least favorite member of the kitchen crew is the waffle iron.
That guy is a real jerk. He gets overheated all the time and his timer hasn’t worked in ages. But I got him out of exile today to make these low carb banana walnut waffles. And I’m so glad that I did! The waffles turned out beautifully. They don’t actually have any banana in them, I used banana extract instead. The waffle batter is a mixture of cream cheese, eggs and almond flour. And one large Belgian waffle has just 9g net carbs. (But that’s actually an enormous portion, so I’d advise cutting the recipe in half for one serving.)
All in all, I think these waffles were well worth a visit from my arch nemesis, old Waffley McIrons.
Low Carb Keto Banana Walnut Waffles
This is a yummy recipe for low carb banana walnut waffles.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 4
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 1 Belgian or 2 regular waffles 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
2 oz regular cream cheese
1 tablespoon coconut oil or melted butter
1/4 cup super fine almond flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon banana extract
1 tablespoon Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat a waffle iron after spraying it with cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients except the walnuts to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth and fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron and sprinkle walnuts on top of the batter.
- Cook according to manufacturer’s instructions, usually 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the waffle iron with a fork and serve immediately with sugar-free pancake syrup.
- Serving Size: 1 Belgian or 2 regular waffles
- Calories: 710
- Fat: 64
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 24
Keywords: Low Carb Banana Walnut Waffles, Keto Banana Walnut Waffles, Gluten Free Banana Walnut Waffles
If you liked these banana walnut waffles, you should check out my recipes for regular waffles, pumpkin waffles, and hear me out now, broccoli waffles.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.10