Today I’m going to share a low carb version of Beef Lo Mein, a classic Chinese take-out dish.
But first I thought I’d take a walk down memory lane and do a round-up of all the Chinese take-out recipes I’ve posted so far. Because maybe you are in the mood for Chinese food, but you can’t decide what you’re hungry for. There is something for everyone.
First you have your appetizers.
And after that you’ve got the entree.
And that brings me to the recipe of the day: Beef Lo Mein.
This is a quick and easy low carb dish that you can whip up in less than 25 minutes. You start by searing thinly sliced pieces of beef, then you saute a sliced portobello mushroom. Cabbage, snow peas and scallions go next. And finally you add in a lo mein sauce and some shirataki noodles. Give it a little more cook time and you’re done. You’ll have a delicious lo mein dinner with only 7g net carbs. And you made it in less time than it takes to wait for normal Chinese take-out.
Low Carb Keto Beef Lo Mein
This recipe for low carb beef lo mein is a Chinese take-out dish that you can make in the time it takes to order normal take-out.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Chinese
1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon unsweetened rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chili oil or sriracha sauce, optional
1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 pound beef sirloin, cut thinly
1 portobello mushroom, cut in half and then sliced thinly
1 cup snow peas, cut in half
1 cup cabbage, sliced thinly
1/2 cup scallions, sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic
2 (7oz) bags Miracle Noodles or equivalent shirataki noodles
1. Mix together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Add shirataki noodles to a colander and rinse well. Allow to drain.
3. Cut the meat and vegetables thinly.
4. Heat olive oil in a wok or large skillet over High heat.
5. Add beef and sear for 2 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan.
6. Add mushrooms to the pan and saute for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
7. Add snow peans, cabbage, scallions and garlic to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add shirataki noodles to the pan and mix with vegetables. Add sauce and noodles to the pan and cook until noodles have absorbed the sauce, 1 minute.
9. Add beef and mushrooms back to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
10. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 239
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 16
Keywords: Low Carb Beef Lo Mein, Keto Beef Lo Mein, Paleo Beef Lo Mein