Yesterday was a sad day.
Aretha Franklin passed away. So I spent the day listening to her music.
I found this great performance of hers from 1970 when she went on the Cliff Richards Show.
Lady could sing.
It was a sad day so I decided to do some therapeutic baking. I made a batch of low carb chocolate chip blondie bars. The recipe is based on a great one for Browned Butter, Tahini and Pecan Blondie Bars that I found on Have Butter Will Travel. The browned butter and tahini give the bars a wonderful rich flavor. And I threw in some chocolate chips because chocolate equals happiness.
So here is my best advice:
Bake up some blondie bars, make yourself a cup of coffee, and put Aretha Franklin on the hi-fi.
And long live the Queen.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
These low carb keto chocolate chip blondie bars have a deep rich flavor from browned butter and tahini.
- Prep Time: 40
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup tahini
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1/2 teaspoon molasses (optional)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1/2 cup Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips or equivalent sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Melt butter in a medium sized sauce pan over medium heat until browned. Stir constantly.
2. Pour the butter into a large mixing bowl and mix in tahini. Put int he refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
4. Mix the beaten eggs with the butter mixture. Add in sweetener, molasses, vanilla, salt, baking powder and coconut flour and stir until fully combined.
5. Mix in half of the chocolate chips.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until browned on top and a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
8. Cool in the pan.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 221
- Fat: 20
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Blondie, Keto Blondie, Low Carb Chocolate Chip Blondie, Keto Chocolate Chip Blondie
If you liked this Blondie recipe, then you might like my recipes for Flax, Cheesecake, and Avocado Brownies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.