Greetings, fellow low carb travelers.
Anybody in the mood for a good old fashioned English tea time?
Perhaps in the grand manner of Downton Abbey?
(Even Cousin Violet would approve of that.)
Well today’s low carb blueberry scones are just the thing to enjoy at tea time.
The scones are light and crumbly and full of juicy blueberries, just the way they should be. They are based on a great recipe for low carb coconut flour scones that I found on Low Carb Yum. It’s a very easy recipe that takes about 30 minutes to make. Perfect for an impromptu afternoon tea party.
These low carb blueberry scones are just as tasty as normal sugary ones, but these little beauties only have 5g net carbs per scone.
What do you think about that, Cousin Violet?
Low Carb Keto Blueberry Scones
These low carb and Keto blueberry scones make for the perfect tea time treat.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 scones
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: English
- 3/4 cup super fine almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and get out a cookie sheet.
2. In a large sized bowl, mix together coconut flour, almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and salt.
3. Use a pastry cutter or two knives to cut butter into the dry ingredients.
4. Mix in blueberries.
5. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together cream, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract.
6. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir just until dough forms. If the dough is too wet to form into a ball, then add more coconut flour in small increments until it holds together.
7. Roll the dough into a ball.
8. Place ball between 2 sheets of parchment paper and roll out until it is a 1/3 inch thick circle. Smooth the outer edges of the circle with your hand.
9. Cut the dough circle into 6 triangles. Keep the dough on 1 sheet of parchment paper and move it to a cookie sheet.
10. Bake scones for 15-20 minutes until browned on top and fully cooked inside. You can see how done they are by looking at the cut edges.
11. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on the cookie sheet, then transfer to cooling rack. The scones will be extra crumbly when they first come out of the oven, but will firm up as they cool.
12. For the glaze, add lemon juice and 5 blueberries to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute on High until boiling.
13. Strain out the blueberry skins. Add powdered sweetener and mix well to combine. The glaze needs to be a consistency that will allow you to drizzle it with a spoon. Add more lemon juice or sweetener as needed to make it thick but pourable.
14. Drizzle glaze over scones and allow to cool fully.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 5
Keywords: Low Carb Scone, Keto Scone, Low Carb Blueberry Dessert, Keto Blueberry Dessert
You’ll need these specialty ingredients:
If you liked this Strawberry Shortcake, then you might like my recipes for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler, Berry Shortcake or Strawberry Layer Cake