1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 8 wells of a cupcake pan.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter and set aside to cool.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
4. Lightly beat eggs and mix with melted butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add cheese and mix well to combine.
6. Divide the batter into 8 wells of the cupcake pan and smooth the tops with your fingers.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, turn off the heat and open the oven door to let out the heat.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a cutting board.
9. Slice the biscuits into 1/4 inch thick ovals. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Brush each oval front and back with the butter and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Cut each oval in half.
10. Heat the oven to 250 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the croutons and bake for 30 more minutes.
11. Turn off the heat and leave the croutons in the oven for 1 more hour to crisp up.