These low carb and Keto cheddar croutons take a bit of time to make, but they are worth it. And each serving has just 1g net carbs.
Before we go any further I should warn you:
This recipe will take 2 and a 1/2 hours to make. So make sure you have a couple hours free before you begin.
I do have a movie recommendation, if you happen to have 2 and a 1/2 hours free.
I’m a quite big fan of La La Land, the first real musical in a generation. (The beautifully choreographed opening dance sequence is below.) At 2 hours and 8 minutes, it will keep you entertained as the croutons are drying out in the oven.
And at the end of 2 and a 1/2 hours you’ll have some crispy low carb cheddar croutons.
Perfect for topping salads and soups. Or just noshing on. The best part is that one serving of croutons has only 1g net carb. Nearly nothing. You can save the carbs for the salad. So put these croutons in the oven, kick your feet up and take a break in La La Land.
It’s the perfect escape.
Low Carb Keto Cheddar Croutons
These low carb cheddar croutons take a bit of time to make, but they are worth it.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 2:25
- Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
6 tablespoons melted butter, divided
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 8 wells of a cupcake pan.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter and set aside to cool.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
4. Lightly beat eggs and mix with melted butter. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Add cheese and mix well to combine.
6. Divide the batter into 8 wells of the cupcake pan and smooth the tops with your fingers.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from the oven, turn off the heat and open the oven door to let out the heat.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a cutting board.
9. Slice the biscuits into 1/4 inch thick ovals. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Brush each oval front and back with the butter and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Cut each oval in half.
10. Heat the oven to 250 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the croutons and bake for 30 more minutes.
11. Turn off the heat and leave the croutons in the oven for 1 more hour to crisp up.
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low Carb Croutons, Keto Croutons
If you liked these croutons, then you might like my recipe for Cheese Biscuits.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.