Today we’re going to make a low carb version of the quintessential Southern side: the cheese biscuit.
So I thought I’d get us started with the quintessential Southern duo, Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.
The video below is their famous duet called “Jackson”. It’s about a couple who “got married in a fever, hotter than a pepper sprout” but then the fire went out. Now the husband is threatening to go to Jackson, Mississippi to meet a new lady. But the wife is having none of it. It’s pretty funny.
And you can listen to the song in the time it takes to mix up this batter.
These low carb cheddar cheese biscuits could not be easier to make. They’re a mixture of coconut flour, butter, eggs, baking powder, parmesan and cheddar cheese. Bake them up for 15 minutes and soon you’ll have a tasty low carb biscuit with only 1g net carb. It’s the perfect snack to take with you when you go to Jackson.
Look out Jackson town.
Low Carb Keto Cheese Biscuits
These low carb Keto cheese biscuits are a southern staple.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 biscuits 1x
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: Southern
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
4 large eggs
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease 8 wells of a cupcake pan.
2. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
3. Mix all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
4. Lightly beat eggs and mix with melted butter in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Mix in the cheese.
6. Divide the batter into 8 wells of the cupcake pan and smooth the tops with your fingers.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a cooling rack. Best served hot.
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 7
Keywords: Low Carb Cheese Biscuit, Keto Cheese Biscuit, Southern Cheese Biscuit
If you liked these cheese biscuits, then you might like my recipe for Sausage and Mushroom Biscuits.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.