This low carb keto Chicken Parmigiana is a one pan wonder.
2 pound chicken breasts (3-4)
1/2 cup oat fiber, divided
2 large eggs, beaten
2 oz pork rinds, ground
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 cup light olive oil, or equivalent light frying oil
2/3 cup marinara sauce
2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and get out a large oven proof skillet.
2. Take a meat mallet and pound the chicken breasts until they are all a uniform 1/2 inch thick.
3. Add pork rinds to a blender and blend until they are the consistency of bread crumbs. Add pork rinds, parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup oat fiber to a medium sized bowl
4. Add 1/4 cup oat fiber to another medium sized bowl. Add beaten eggs to a third medium sized bowl.
5. Set up an assembly line where you dredge the chicken breasts in oat fiber, dip them into the beaten eggs and coat them with the pork rind mixture.
6. Add light oil to the skillet and heat over medium high heat until shimmering. Add chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes until browned on the bottom. Carefully turn and cook for another two minutes on the other side.
7. Remove the pan from heat and spoon marinara sauce on top of the chicken breasts. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
8. Put the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and chicken is cooked through.
9. Place the chicken breasts on paper towels to drain the oil. Serve immediately.
You’ll have breading and oil left over when you are done, so I’ve calculated the nutritional info based on what actually ends up in the dish, rather than the full ingredients.