This recipe for Low Carb Keto Chicken Puttanesca is easy to make and wonderful to eat.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed off
salt and pepper
1/2 cup shallots, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons minced anchovies or anchovy paste
13.5 oz crushed tomatoes
13.5 oz water
2 roma tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
3 tablespoons mini capers
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons parsley, minced
1. Wash and dry chicken and trim excess fat. Salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
2. Heat olive oil over Medium High heat in a large skillet or dutch oven.
3. Add chicken and sear until browned, 10 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
4. Lower the heat to Medium and add shallots, garlic and anchovies to the pan. Saute until shallots are translucent, 10 minutes.
5. Turn heat back up to Medium High and add in crushed tomatoes and cinnamon.
6. Use the tomato can to measure out a can of water and add to the pan.
7. Stir in olives and capers and bring to a boil.
8. Lower heat to Low and keep at a simmer.
9. Add chicken thighs back to the pan. Add roma tomatoes.
10. Cover the pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
11. Remove the lid of the pan and simmer for another 10 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly.
12. Sprinkle parsley on top before serving.