These low carb and Keto chocolate gingerbread cookies make the perfect addition to a holiday cookie plate. And each cookie has just 4g net carbs.
“I’m dreaming of a White Christmas, just like the ones I used to know.” -Bing Crosby
It’s two weeks till Christmas, so I’m dusting off my holiday cookie recipes and coming up with some humdinger new ones. Like today’s recipe for low carb chocolate gingerbread cookies. I’ll show you how to make them in a minute, but first we need to set the holiday cooking mood. Who better to guide us on this journey than Bing Crosby and his old pal Frank Sinatra? (video below)
When you are looking for some good old fashioned Christmas music, you can’t go wrong with Bing Crosby.
Add in some Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, Eartha Kitt and Vince Guaraldi and you’ll have yourself a merry little Christmas. So here you go, I’ve compiled a great holiday cooking playlist for you that will infuse your baking with holiday cheer:
But back to those low carb chocolate gingerbread cookies I mentioned.
I got the idea for these cookies from the New York Times. The Cooking section had this recipe for classic molasses cookies with a chocolate twist. They sounded delicious, so I dug into my cookie recipe box to try and replicate them with low carb ingredients. I repurposed my low carb molasses cookies to include cocoa powder and voilà! I had delicious chocolate gingerbread cookies with 4g net carb each, a fraction of the carbs in the NY Times recipe. These cookies are chewy and flavorful and perfect for the holidays or anytime you are feeling like a chocolatey treat.
So may your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
These low carb chocolate gingerbread cookies make the perfect addition to a holiday cookie plate. And each cookie has just 4g net carbs.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 8
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 18 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar-free almond butter
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sweetener, coconut flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice, salt and cocoa powder.
3. In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, eggs and molasses with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. The cookie dough will be very sticky. Wet your hands with water and scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough. Roll the dough on your palms into balls. Place on the cookie sheets 1 inch apart. Keep rewetting your hands as needed.
6. Bake cookies, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center, 9-10 minutes. The cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crinkle as they cool.
7. Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheets and then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 111
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 7
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 4
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie, Keto Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie, Sugar-Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie
If you like this low carb cookie recipe, then you might like my recipes for molasses, shortbread or compost cookies.
I’ve included links to the specialty ingredients used in this recipe. You should know that these are Amazon Associates links, so I’ll receive a small commission if you buy something.