These low carb chocolate gingerbread cookies make the perfect addition to a holiday cookie plate. And each cookie has just 4g net carbs.
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon gingerbread spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar-free almond butter
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sweetener, coconut flour, baking soda, gingerbread spice, salt and cocoa powder.
3. In a large bowl, beat together almond butter, eggs and molasses with an electric mixer until smooth.
4. Slowly beat the dry ingredients into the wet.
5. The cookie dough will be very sticky. Wet your hands with water and scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough. Roll the dough on your palms into balls. Place on the cookie sheets 1 inch apart. Keep rewetting your hands as needed.
6. Bake cookies, until firm around the edges and starting to crack in the center, 9-10 minutes. The cookies will looked slightly puffed but will flatten and crinkle as they cool.
7. Cool 2 minutes on the cookie sheets and then transfer the parchment paper with the cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Keywords: Low Carb Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie, Keto Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie, Sugar-Free Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie