Not the French dish, but the 2007 animated film. I’ve been thinking about it this morning as I made these low carb chocolate hazelnut soufflés. Probably because they both have to do with French cooking.
I was thinking about that great scene where Remy discovers that he loves to cook. (video below)
He combines a strawberry and a piece of cheese and comes up with a totally new taste. The tastes are represented by fireworks going off all around him. It’s just a great way to explain the excitement of cooking.
And I had that same feeling today when I combined chocolate and hazelnut together in this soufflé recipe.
I used DaVinci’s Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup for the flavoring, and I based the recipe on a great low carb chocolate soufflé that the women at Simply So Healthy make. It’s light and airy and full of flavor. And each soufflé has just 108 calories and 1g net carbs, so it’s a guilt free low carb dessert.
Yep, it’s a total flavor explosion.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Hazelnut Soufflé
These low carb Keto chocolate hazelnut soufflés have just 108 calories and 1g net carb.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 24
- Total Time: 34 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: French
4 large eggs, separated
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
7 tablespoons Swerve or equivalent granulated sweetener, divided
2 oz unsweetened chocolate
2 tablespoons DaVinci Sugar-Free Hazelnut Syrup
1 pinch salt
Powdered Swerve or equivalent powdered sweetener to sprinkle on top at the end
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 6 (6oz) ramekins. Put the ramekins on a large cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add 1 tablespoon sweetener and whip until stiff peaks form.
3. Add egg yolks, salt and remaining 6 tablespoons sweetener to a medium sized bowl. Use electric mixer to beat together until dissolved and thick.
4. Add chocolate to a small microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each one, until melted, about 2 minutes.
5. Mix chocolate and hazelnut syrup together. Add chocolate mixture to egg yolk mixture and mix well to combine.
6. Fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the chocolate mixture. Fold remaining egg whites into chocolate mixture.
7. Split the mixture between the 6 ramekins. Bake for 15-20 minutes until top is set, but middle is still a little bit jiggly.
8. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Use a sifter or sieve to sprinkle the tops with powdered sweetener.
Do not microwave to reheat. Bake in 200 degree F oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 Soufflé
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: low carb Soufflé, keto Soufflé, chocolate Soufflé
If you like this Chocolate Hazelnut Soufflé, then you might be interested in my Chocolate Roll Cake.
You’ll need these specialty ingredients: